Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Rules

God sets up kings and deposes them and gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. Daniel 2:21

How incredible to be able to see history unfold right before my very eyes. The girls, Jeff and I all watched the speeches last night and came to the unanimous decision that we are thankful for God's hand in our country. I know many people were thrilled with the 2008 election and many were very disappointed. I can't say that I felt either. I was anxious to see the results. I did vote, but I was fine with the outcome...either way. It will be a tough job to lead this country, especially in our trying economic times. I am filled with peace as I remember that God is still sovereignly ruling on the throne and that in HIM is our trust!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got to tell you, I felt the same way. I was fine either way, Obama or McCain, and I know that God's in control of it all.