Sunday, November 9, 2008

a few of my favorite things

I just wanted to take a minute to list some things I'm grateful for. These won't be in any certain order and I'm sure I'll forget to name some really important ones....but...I just wanted to make a list of things to be thankful for as Thanksgiving nears and I'm feeling sad (and not thankful at all) that my sister Jenny and her family won't be joining my sister Michelle, her family and my family at the table this year. :( So, here goes...I'm thankful:

for a Heavenly Father who is so real and takes me as I am...always.
for warm autumn days that begin so chilly in the morning.
for yummy coffee and a great Bible study to start off my day.
for baby Jacklyn kisses....anywhere, anytime.
for good communication with my husband.
for great talks with my daughters.
for laughter.
for comfy slippers.
for days when I don't HAVE to be anywhere.
for good friends.
for chips and salsa (anytime, anywhere.)
for chocolate mint desserts.
for those who have gone before me and help me in my quest to be a good mommy.
for a husband who still likes me after all these years.
for a husband I really like after all these years. :)
for great literature.
for silly picture books.
for home education.
for baby toys all over the floor.
for hsm3 in the theatre with my girls.
for itunes and facebook and skype and email and cell phones and home phones.
for a warm bed and a semi-fluffy pillow that I will be going to soon.

2 comments:

gery-riggin said...

.... and then I don't feel so bad . . .da da da !!!

jenny said...

you ARE thankful!!! =) Good for you! Good list! maybe I should make one too. It's good for the soul (and the attitude, and therefore the whole house) to focus on the good things! I'll miss being at that table with you all... but I'm still thankful for you! =)