Friday, May 30, 2008

2 more months

Today is May 30. I realized when I woke up today that that means only 2 months left until Jenny and family move to Minnesota. Wow. That makes me so sad. When she first told me the news, I was quite devestated! They were 95% sure it was going to happen, and I absolutely lost it! I had been in Vallejo for a bridal shower and remember just sobbing my whole drive home. I kept thinking about what a loss it will be and how sad it will be for all the cousins, too.

Having both of my sisters just 2 hours away is an awesome blessing. I love that all 10 of those kids can get together and have the best time of their lives. They don't need any special activity planned, they just enjoy being all together. I love having both of my very best friends live so nearby. We don't get together as often as I'd like, but knowing that we can makes things so great.

I guess that's what makes this move so hard for me. I will miss drinking coffee with Jenny at her house when we come up for the night. I'll miss calling Zeke, Maggie and Josh "the boys". I will miss hearing Kourtney and Brooklyn come up with some silly play in a moment's notice (and of course ordering us, their audience, to sit and watch them perform.) There are so many things that make this so very hard, and I was beginning to wonder how I would get through this.

Thankfully, I was reminded of God's peace. I can stay in the place of despair and focus on all of the lonely, sad feelings about their move, or I can trust God. I guess that is the bottom line for me. God was so in this descision making process. I know Jenny and Joe prayed their hearts out before making this final. I was even informed of the possibility of the move and asked to pray. Granted, my prayers went a little something like this, "God, you CAN'T let them move!!" But, none the less, I know that God was in this!

So now, the peace of God can rule my heart and mind and keep me in Christ Jesus. I needed to be reminded of that. I can have peace in good times as well as in bad. I can be filled with sadness and still possess a wonderful sense of God's peace. That's when the peace of God transcends all understanding. Having peace isn't the same thing as being happy they are moving. Not by any means! But, I do have to accept that God is still good and that He is able to work ALL things together for good....even in Minnesota!

No comments: