Tuesday, June 3, 2008

deep breath

Wow, who knew that creating 2 California missions would be so stressful for little ole me? I guess I see all my imperfections coming to the surface. See, the girls are learning a little about California history and decided to, along with some friends, create CA mission models. They will display these at a little end of the year ceremony with our local homeschool group.
All I can say is that I'm so thankful that my friend, who is the other mom involved, has such incredible vision and crafty skills! I seem a bit tapped out these days. Jacklyn hasn't been sleeping as well as she normally does....which, by the way isn't terrific, but do-able for me. She's teething and has been up an awful lot the past few nights. I am suffering major sleep-deprivation and just sort of stare at these mission projects with a glazed-over look on my face.
Tonight, I've been working, though. Okay, I have to be honest. My amazing husband was on the job. We bought lasagna noodles for the roof of one mission. Jeff pain-stakingly scored each and every noodle, with an x-acto knife, and then broke them in half, long-ways. (They are uncooked, mind you, and break very easily.) I will dye the noodles red tomorrow morning, with the help of my 4th grader, whose mission this actually is.
Tonight I did cut a few things out for her, but sheesh! Can I just say....this project has taken on a life of its own! I hope the girls are actually enjoying it because it is causing me great stress to think of getting them done by the end of the week. And....I'm not even the one doing anything! Remember my previous blog about not being able to keep up with the pace of what other moms can do? Yeah, here's some proof. Maybe I'm just too easily overwhelmed. I'm not sure. Truly, this is fun....just stressful.
Pictures of the completed missions will be posted soon. I'm sure you (my audience of 2 or 3) are aching to see them!

No comments: