Thursday, March 5, 2009

living in my now

Wow...I have to say that being off the computer for 24 hours wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be! I did catch myself ALMOST going to check my email, my facebook or some blogs several different times. They are my most constant form of communication. However, I didn't give in. In fact, I believe it was more like 25 hours. I'm pretty proud of myself!
Today, I gave up worrying. Sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? Maybe this one will stick. I sure hope so. But, I won't worry about that. A friend of mine encouraged me to really live in my present moment. I can't tell you how helpful that is! I was worrying about a bunch of things. None of which I can control and most importantly, none of which are happening right now!
Living in the moment has caused the biggest sense of gratitude!! I start to worry or fret about some future event.....or just our future in general, and then force myself to stop. I look at my current situation, my 3 amazing girls who I am allowed to hang out with every day. For an amazing husband who loves me. For a home and for living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I can't help but feel thankful.
My heart is instantly transformed and I just thank God for all that He is and for all that He has done for me. What an incredible tool this is!
I have also been reading the YWAM biography book on George Muller. Life changing. I'm sure I'll write more on that soon, but the main thing I am being reminded of in his story is how God DOES answer prayer!!
So, I am working on living in the moment, but I am also remembering to quickly turn my worry into prayer....fully, completely believing that God answers my prayers and I can trust all of my concerns with Him. He wouldn't tell us to pray if He didn't want to hear and answer.
My heart is encouraged and I am looking forward to seeing what God does with it all!

1 comment:

MichelleMarie said...

Sounds great, Kelly! Living in the present and casting all of your cares on Him in prayer instead of worrying is a goal we all should stive for!
I love you and I'm thankful for you!