Thursday, January 21, 2010

funny. real funny.

This week, my girls are memorizing Psalm 73:28.
It's a great verse.
"But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds."
Today, Kourtney said the verse and I asked her what the reference was.
She couldn't remember, so I asked if she wanted a hint.
Me: "Okay.....Psalm...the year I was born..."
Kourt: "Psalm 73....uh...."
Me: "The age I look"
Kourt: "48?"
Me: "You're grounded!!!"
Guess I set myself up for that one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

funny... here's one: years ago, Jessy my eldest got 2 verses confused.

James 4:8 (NIV) Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Genesis 3:15 (NIV) "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

turned out to be: Come near to God, and he will crush your head. Yikes

thanks for the laugh, Kelly. Love you.

Momisodes said...

Oh geez!

Sometimes, their honesty can be so cruel.

jenny said...

hilarious, yes. true, not at all! You're right, you DO look 28! =)

Lorimar2 said...

Very funny!! You DO look 28, though... if not younger!