Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pressing On....

How can it be that we are at the end of yet another school year? It feels like we just got started, and now it is time to wrap everything up. Many of you have probably already started planning ahead for next year, purchasing curriculum, figuring out your calendar and scheduling classes. As for me and my house, we are just trying to get the last few days of this school year completed well. I’ll think about next school year eventually, but for now, I just want to finish strong.
This has been a good school year for my family. We have enjoyed many of the new things that we have learned and powered through the things that were less enjoyable. We have struggled, grown, cried and laughed. We have survived days that I’d rather not relive and we have had several that I wish I could rewind and press “Pause.” Our kids grow so fast and I often wish I could just freeze time.
What an honor it is to homeschool! We all have challenges but we also all have so much to be thankful for! The other day, I was realizing how spoiled I am. I was listening to one child play piano in the background while my 9 year old read aloud to me. Seriously, what a life!
Usually, at this point in my school year, I’m ready to just be done already. This year, however, I plan to just savor these last few days. This school year will never be back. My girls will never be exactly this age again and I just want to relish these moments. I think that as we finish the year with that kind of perspective, it will be so meaningful. We will review some of the things we’ve learned and strain toward what is ahead. I want to appreciate all that we’ve experienced and obtained this school year and look forward to what He has in store for us in the future. He has been faithful, my friends, and I pray that you have and excellent ending to your school year.

No comments: